GEL deep cycle solar batteries
- The Gel Deep Cycle battery is the best choice for hot conditions compared to AGM Deep Cycle battery. Due to the Gel content in the battery instead of Absorber Glass Mat (AGM) longer lifetime is expected
- The batteries are maintenance free
- In gel batteries, the electrolyte is bound in a gel of silicates
- Gel batteries have a longer life expectancy than AGM and are better suited for cyclic loads
- Low self-discharge: The self-discharge rate is below 2% per month at 20 ° C
- Outstanding behavior at deep discharge: However, despite the outstanding recovery behavior of the batteries, it should be not done too frequent and too long, since it can lead to irreversible damage of the batteries.